Friday, March 23, 2007

Equine Massage

I've recently read an article in John Lyon's Perfect Horse about equine massage. This is something I've been doing with my horses for years. Every one of them, even those who were just passing through. I especially concentrate on the their shoulders and the horses have never complained. I find that it is a great way to bond and build trust. I've never read an instruction book or anything on how to do it. It just came naturally and seemed to work. You can tell whether they enjoy it or not. They really like the shoulder area. I start at the top and work my way in a counter clockwise circle, using the heel of my hand and walking the circle larger with my fingers and back to the heel of my hand. They love it. Before you know it, they've got sleepy eyes and their head has dropped. Wish I could afford one for myself, a massage, that is.

No comments: