Wednesday, March 21, 2007

My Big Sister's Horse


Red is the one who probably started it all for me. My sister was about 11 years older than me and when I was about 3 years old, my Dad and sister, Roxie, got their horses. Big Red was my sister's quarter horse gelding and my Dad's horse was Ernie. Ernie was an even bigger light palomino gelding. I remember being sat upon Red and ridden around the yard. Dad and Roxie were always in the local holiday parades in Twin Lakes, Wisconsin. Ernie was beautiful to watch in the parades. He was always high steppin' and "dancing" in the parades once the marching bands got going. Of course then, Ernie was dancing, but I have no doubt now that my Dad's horse was more than likely a bit freaked over the noise in the parade and it took all that my could do to control the horse and keep him from bolting. There is an all horse parade every August in Clinton, Wisconsin. I might bring Misty or Kola up to that one this year. I think it would be fun and alot more safe than a noisy holiday parade locally.

No comments: