Monday, May 14, 2007

Last But Not Least


Mary was the last to foal this year. She gave us a little bay filly. When she was born it was still dark and she was wet, so I thought she was a sorrel. My boyfriend is fond of color so he was a little disappointed since she was bred to his dun stallion. "At least she is bred well", I told him. He sent his son and he said she was the same color as her Mama. I get home from work and find a filly with a black mane and tail. I called him up and told him we had a color change. Needless to say that made his day. I think I'm one of the few people that like "Red" horses.

3 comments:

Rising Rainbow said...

Congrats on the filly. I like red horses although you wouldn't know if by my herd, I have very few chestnust, mostly bays and grays.
I have to laugh about the "color dispute" we've done that here too. Babies are just so much fun.

Twisted Oaks Quarter Horses said...

Thanks, she sure is a fiesty one. She is just a tiny little thing, of course my boyfriend gets the girls. Bay is my second favorite color. I'm just happy they are all healthy.

BarnGoddess said...

she looks like a beauty!

I am rather partial to bays myself