Saturday, August 25, 2007

Seems Like Yesterday

Yesterday Gerald and I were talking about the ages of my horses and I realized they are mostly teenagers now with one in her 20's. I bought Stacy when she was 9 and find it hard to believe that she is 16 now. It seems only yesterday that we went to the World together. Callie had a post with Zoe's graduation picture. Last week her "little girl" went off to college. This picture was taken at Lincoln Park Zoo when she was about 2. At least I think it was that zoo. Now comes the point of this post today. I realized I'm not taking enough time for myself to ride and just enjoy my horses. Time goes by so quickly. From now on I will ride first then worry about the stalls, cleaning the barn or trailer, or any other part of owning horses that takes up my time. Before you know it your horse is slowing down and I admit so am I. It is hard to face up to your new limitations, but defining your priorities makes it a little easier. I'm going to go out and ride my horse, then clean stalls!

2 comments:

Rising Rainbow said...

Sounds like a plan to me.

I was just looking at the ages of a couple of mine and can't believe they're in their late teens either.

I don't know why it is the older I get the faster time flies.

Andrew said...

Time does indeed fly. I worry about my Maggie (dog) getting older. I couldn't live without her I don't think. I sure would be hard. It's unfathomable.