Now that Labor Day is over and I don't know about you, but signaling the end of summer, I find it a bit depressing, although I always enjoy Autumn. Anyway, it's time to get ready for the upcoming Winter. Here are some of the things that I've done to get ready. What about you?
1) Thoroughly cleaned out horse shelter and goat pen.
2) Also cleaned out my hay shed and organized it and replaced pallets and stacked hay.
3) Checked fence and repaired anything needing it.
4) Cleaned and serviced my truck, as I only use for the farm work.
5) Although I sold my trailer to get last kid into college, I would have silicone sprayed all working parts on trailer and cleaned it out.
6) Since I live in a converted barn, I inspected the foundation and tuck-pointed the areas needing it.
7) Ordered my hay with delivery.
8) Horses, worming again and autumn immunizations.
9) Not to mention, clearing everywhere around farm of weeds and such.
10) Check heaters for troughs and make sure they work.