Tuesday, March 4, 2008

The Girls Have Protested!


As I mentioned yesterday, I had the full intention of clearing out the Lean-To of horse poo, only the winter gripped wheel barrow did not cooperate. Something that happens in the great Wisconsin winters. Now, mind you, I keep up with the cleaning fairly well as entirely half of this building is clear, I mean clear. I sometimes throw the hay in there as the girls' hay feeder is now surrounded by an ice rink. Today, they protested and once again it is freezing cold, when the average temp this time of year should be nearing the 40's, it is in the teens with single digit wind chills. I crawled under the fence with an arm load of hay this evening, usually the girls will come towards me and anxiously await their hay. They stood soundly on the frozen poop and mud peppered ice rink in the paddock extension, which turns into a training pen during warmer months. "We would rather eat out here on the ice rink, you jerk." "You haven't hauled out our crap and we're not eating in there!" "We don't care that one side is clean, the other side is not, so screw you!" I'm almost certain that is what they were telling me. They may have even wanted it delivered to them on a silver platter. Well after all, they are the Royal Princesses. I really can't wait to thaw out, so I can get this place cleaned up properly!

7 comments:

Grey Horse Matters said...

Just keep saying Spring is coming and sooner or later it will be here. The girls are hilarious, why should they come to you when you will come to them?

Callie said...

They were hilarious! Wished I had taken a picture of faces before I had served them, only freezing hands were full of hay...LOL

Rising Rainbow said...

I can just see them telling you off. I'm with you about spring. I don't know how much more of this I can take and our weather is nothing like yours.

Anonymous said...

You just spoil those nags!

Callie said...

Well, Dickie, They are the Royal Princesses, I am merely the Queen...LOL

Kathy C said...

My gosh, it just seems like it will never come. I am actually dreading the next month of mud. Then after that, it will be great. Right? Tell me it will be great...

Callie said...

Kathy, I know, I know...I can actually smell it in the air but it's just out of reach!