Thursday, May 8, 2008

On A Lighter Note........





















So on a lighter note, I'm now done with my rant, I was busy today again. Yesterday evening, I was able to lunge the girls 15 minutes for Misty and not so long for Kola, she doesn't get it yet. Better than she was last year, but she slipped and then I was a bit worried about her torquing a leg, so this morning we hand walked 15 minutes each which went well. I'm exercising and building them up a little before I ride as they weren't worked all winter. Also Steve and I took the dogs down to the local conservancy for a nice walk in the woods. We came home to my tulips at the end of the driveway and a bunny hiding in the brush. The video is our Cardinal, who Stephen has named Mr.Special. He likes to sit on my truck and beat it up and sure enough he was there. Then we made ourselves the best dinner.........Lobster tail and jumbo shrimp with fresh sugar snap peas, roasted asparagus, new potatoes and fresh steamed spinach. We save Thursday night for special dinners.

15 comments:

Victoria Cummings said...

Sounds like a great day - Let's see pictures of all those lilac bushes.

Callie said...

Oh dear, I forgot to put those up, Victoria. I'll get them up soon. They are just starting to bloom, so I'll wait until full bloom and start snapping photos, just for you! :)

Anonymous said...

tulips. You have tulips over there already (ha - may shouldn't be already should it!) and I'm so jealous.

Callie said...

The tulips are blooming all over the place around here!

Grey Horse Matters said...

Good for you, what a wonderful day!

kdwhorses said...

What a productive day!
When did you say dinner was on Thursday nights??!?!? Man I just love lobster! YUM-0!!

Callie said...

KDW, Lobster is like candy!

Callie said...

GHM, I feel like the whole week was productive!

Andrea said...

WOW it's so pretty there! I miss all those nice trees and paths in the woods. Ahh woods. I love those pictures! And that is funny about that cardnial! Maybe he thinks your truck is some kind of red competion!! LOL!!

Callie said...

Andrea, That cardinal has been doing that for three years solid all year long as he stays for the winter..LOL

Pony Girl said...

Handwalking is good. I did that a lot with my gelding when he was injured last winter. Never underestimate the power of walking!That Mr. Special bird is too silly! Oh, and your dinner sounded SO good! I just ate and it is still making me hungry! What'd you have for dessert??

Callie said...

Pony Girl, strawberries and rasberries in cream. mmmmmmmm

Midlife Mom said...

Nice pictures, love the bunny. Couldn't get the video, it said Not Available at this time, try later, so I will try later. I haven't had dinner yet so reading about yours is making me drool! I think we are going to the coast tomorrow for lobster. My all time favorite thing to eat!!

BrownEyed Cowgirl said...

What a silly bird.
Love the tulips-my grandmother's "other" favorite flower. I think I have one left of hers. I need to move it this year, if it comes up again.
Can't wait to see the lilacs. Our bushes are leafed out but it will be awhile before they start budding.

Callie said...

Midlife Mom, Your neck of the woods is where ours come from. Cold water Atlantic! It's so yummy!



BEC,My tulips are going mad this year! I didn't know that your flowers bud later than ours. They are just starting to open.