Wednesday, April 8, 2009
Been Meaing To This For Awhile Now.............
1. How old were you when you first started riding? I was three years old when I was first put on a horse, I really started riding when I was about 9yrs old and that was at Girlscout Camp.
2. First horse ridden: I can't rember his name, but it was again at girlscout camp.
3. First horse trotted on: Same as above.
4. First horse cantered on: That would have been when I was about 11yrs old and Jess and I used to spend the weekend at a riding stable in which they gave us the rankest horses and let us out on our own.
5. First Horse fallen off of: Does jumping off count? That would be Jess's horse TC when he got a hare up his butt and started running towards the barn and Jess turned to me and screamed ,"I don't know about you, but I'm jumping offffff!!!!".
6. Most recent horse fallen off of : Junior, the gelding I had for a very short time in 2006.
7. Most terrifying fall: Probably that very same time!
8. First horse jumped with: I can't remember the name, but it was my friend Karen's Arabian and we were riding in the woods jumping logs.
9. First horse who ran away with you: Dakota, but only for short jaunts, nothing too serious.
10. First horse that scared the crap out of you: Dakota, when he broke my hand on purpose.
11. First horse shown : I've never shown.
12. First horse to win a class with: Since I've never shown, I've never won.
13. Do you/have you taken lessons: I had lessons at Girlscout camp and when Dakota was in some training.
14. First horse you ever rode bareback: That would be Belle, my friend Deb's horse when I was about 12yrs old.
15. First horse trail ridden with: That was at girlscout camp as well and then when Jess and I used to trail ride at the stables.
16. Current Barn name: What's that?
17. Do you ride English or western?: Western
18. First Horse to place at a show with: Again, never shown, but I have won ribbons in games.
19. Ever been to horse camp?: Clearly as a kid , Girlscout Camp!
20. Ever been to a riding clinic? No
21. Ridden sidesaddle? No
22. First horse leased: Never leased.
23. Last Horse Leased: Never leased.
24. Highest ribbon in a show: Does that count at games in camp? First place, blue in egg race and second in a tag team game.
25. Ever been to an 'A' rated show?: No
26. Ever competed in pony games/relay races?: Yes, relays, egg on spoon, barrels.
27. Ever fallen off at a show 28. Do you ride Hunter/Jumpers?: Haven't shown, so No.
29. Have you ever barrel raced? Not in competition of sorts unless you count a camp.
30. Ever done pole bending?: No
31. Favorite gait: Walk and trot.
32. Ever cantered bareback?: No
33. Have you ever done dressage?: No
34. Have you ever evented?: No
35. Have you ever mucked a stall?: Too many to count and all the damned time.
36. Ever been bucked off?: Yes, and it was painful!
37. Ever been on a horse that reared : Yes, Dakota, but again, no big deal.
38. Horses or ponies: Both?
39. Do you wear a helmet?: No and I probably should!
40. What's the highest you've jumped: Couldn't actually tell, but it must have been impressive as I heard the people behind me exclaim, "Whoa, did you see that?" At this point I would like to extend a very grateful THANK-YOU to Jess's Gerald as he insisted we reset that saddle before we go further (very High withers)
41. Have you ever ridden at night?: No, but would love too!
42. Do you watch horsey television shows?: Sometimes.
43. Have you ever been seriously hurt/injured from a fall?: Painfully, but not seriously.
44. Most falls in one lesson: Lucky, none.
45. Do you ride in an arena/ring?: Sometimes in my own outside.
46. Have you ever been trampled by a horse?: Rolled over by one.
47. Have you ever been bitten?: Yes, a few times, some on purpose, some by bad manners.
48. Ever had your foot stepped on by a horse?: A few times.
49: Favorite riding moment: Living through a two hour 100 plus mule and horse trail ride on Junior after only owning him three days, that was the big jump to clear a tiny creek, and getting down pavement in front of a huge combine while the horses in front of him began to disappear, risky.
50. Most fun horse you've ridden: I'm not sure if this qualifies as fun, but most confident and comfy?, Miss Misty, my diamond in the rough, Thank-you Gerald and Jess!
Posted by Callie at 2:17 PM