Monday, April 13, 2009

Monday.......Blahs!


Pywackette (that black kitty ) passed away early Friday morning peacefully in her sleep, she was nearly 18yrs old and I knew it was coming, both Steve and I held her Thursday night and cuddled her closely and by morning she was gone. Rest in peace, Pywackette............


I let the girls out this morning, hopefully they'll stay out of the burrs. I really must hunt those things down and get them on the burn pile.


It's due to rain, so the goats are not happy, I put their hay inside their shelter this morning, that's the goat boys finishing their grain this morning.


Thursday afternoon, I was able to de-burr the girls and give them both a quick brush, Hack! I ended up with mouthfuls of hair! And I accidentally hit one of Kola's ancient toes removing the burrs from their heels and caused her to bleed, felt so guilty. She actually handled it all fine and then I cleaned it up and slathered her with Aloe cream. Still working on that hoof crack. Hope it starts healing up soon, at least it's not causing her lameness as this morning she was pounding the ground with that hoof, impatient as I was getting breakfast ready for them and when they hit the pasture, it was all twists and bucks and short jaunts of runs, silly things!

This has been a week of change and I feel a deep unrest in my world, need to cleanse of the bad vibes, but recent crap with some of the children and the loss of my cats and big changes at work hasn't helped. Steve is working feverishly at upgrading his websites. At my work, we've moved into the new tower and my first day back sucked, but Saturday night was a much better night, which I really needed. Actually had a little fun at work. Anyway, hope all is going well you out there and I'll try to get to visiting everyone once again.


16 comments:

Nuzzling Muzzles said...

You have had way more than your fair share of disappointments lately. I'm sorry about your kitty passing away. Here's hoping that things look up soon for you.

John and Regina Zdravich said...

Losing two cats in one week is certainly tough -- I feel for you. We call our goats "the goat boys" too!! Yes, it is gloomy and wierd outside here, too. Yuk. We have a chicken with bumblefoot that I have been treating. Hope your horse's hoof gets better soon.......

Grey Horse Matters said...

Sorry to hear about your cat. It's so hard to lose a good friend.
Hope things start turning brighter for you soon.

Mrs. Mom said...

Will be thinking of you guys Callie. Sorry to hear about this kitty too, so close to the last one...

Hang in there girl- better days are coming.

kritterkeeper said...

i know your sorrows when a beautiful furry friend passes. i am sure there are many folks who read your blog feel the same and are thinking of you!

Katharine Swan said...

Sounds like Pywackette missed Zeke too, and went to keep him company. Sorry for your loss, but maybe Zeke has a familiar face around now. :o)

Jean said...

So sorry about Pyewackette. 18 years of love is a long time. Hugs to you. Hope you feel better soon.

Those burrs! I swear if there is one bush in the field, somehow the horses just insist on grazing in it. What is the allure?? Took me a while to find the ones here, but I kept looking for them in the dark as it was fall when the horses got into them. Hope you have better luck much sooner.

As for work and the other pressures...not much you can do to fix everything at once, so just take it a little at a time and find a way to cope with one thing and the rest will start to fall into place. It's always hard changing a job site too as everything is just so disorienting. You'll get the hang of it soon.

Callie said...

Thanks, All, Things are bound to get better soon!

Victoria Cummings said...

Oh Callie, I'm so sorry. Here's a big virtual hug for you. I hope that you do something as soon as possible that makes you feel really good. You need some TLC to get over losing those kitties.

C-ingspots said...

I'm very sorry about your beautiful kitty. She was blessed though to have such wonderful, loving people to be with her. There seems to be winds of strife blowing for a lot of folks lately. Keep your faith and hold on. You'll be okay.
Hope your mare's foot gets better real soon too.
I think we'll all fell a lot better when the sun comes out for good, and the days are warm and long. Hang in there.

Jessie said...

Hey Callie,

Things will turn around, they have to. You're not alone.

The weather is supposed to get nice after today. Forecast is calling for high 60's on Thursday and Friday :-)

Maybe I'll see you at the horse fair? If not, enjoy the weekend, Summer will be here soon!

Paint Girl said...

I am so sorry for you having to lose another kitty! And so close to your other baby!
I also call my goats "boys" or just "goats". It seems easier than calling them all by their names!
I hope things look up for you real soon! Take care.

cdncowgirl said...

Sorry to hear about your kitty passing.

Mikey said...

Aww, that is so sad! I hope everything gets better soon, it's so hard to lose a pet like that, that you've had for so long. At least she got to be with you till the very end.

Anonymous said...

Hey, I am new to your blog and i think its rocks.
I am sorry for what happened to both your cats and i hope your horses hoof gets better :)
To every downside there is an upside so dont worry, things will get better soon.
I also have a horse and my blog is similiar to yours.
Maybe you would like to check it out some time.


http://home.acs.sch.ae/users/MirijamRedinger/weblog/956aa/Bad_jumping_habits..._horse_AND_rider.html

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Hang in there. I'm so sorry for your losses. So sad....

Sending you some of my own positive vibes....

(((HUGS)))
~Lisa