Thursday, November 5, 2009

At Least Some Of The Electric Is Working.......


Kola approached me, hoping to maybe get a snack..........I warned her NOT to rest on the fence. But, did she listen? Nope, and Steve & I had a hardy laugh. She's been pressing up against the fence a little more often, because I do not always have it turned on and this time I did. She got closer and closer until the metal ring from her halter was layed across the top electric band. I warned her, " You're gonna get zapped........."


Needless to say after said "ZAP" , it took her no time at all to end up this far away........Oh, we laughed so hard. It's a good reminder.

Afterwards, she was a little more cautious. Not so sure she wanted to visit.

This field caught my eye on our way to the grocery store today............

Think of all the pumpkin pies gone to waste..........................

6 comments:

Grey Horse Matters said...

A little zap will do ya.
That is a lot of pumpkins going to waste. Wonder why they didn't pick them.

Jeni said...

*chuckle* nothing like a little "zap" ....

Wow lots of wasted pumpkins - great fall pictures though.

Gail said...

It is terrible but I, too, laugh when the animals are reminded that there is a zap.

Jean said...

Rode past my pumpkin farmer's field the other day and saw a similar sight. Mostly the little sugar pumpkins, though. Guess there isn't a giant market for them.

Midlife Mom said...

Nothing like a zap to keep them honest! If I didn't have my fence on they would knock it right down getting to the grass on the lawn.

I can just envision pumpkin pies! With the shortage of pumpkin here I think lots of people would be out there picking those up!

All the straw will make things much nicer and comfy for the girls. That was the way our paddocks looked all of June and July as it rained almost every day! We were lucky to keep any shoes on at all.

It snowed last night so I am watching Nick as I have to blanket him. So far he seems to be getting some good winter hair which is a change for him. When do you start putting the blankets on?

Michelle said...

That's a lot of pumpkins! I loved Kola's expression after the zap!