Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Oh My! Has it Been 8 Months Since I Posted........I Blame Social Media


        Well, this year Kola came out of our unusually harsh winter with outrageous amounts of hair, foot long and matted. I had to shave her. Her body score of "4" was hidden under all of that hair. It's pretty apparent she's Cushings, but I still will not have her tested with steroids. I choose to manage her with diet and shaving and keeping her feet right. She'll continue to live the good life here as stress free as I can make it.


          Since then I've got her to a body score of  "5" . Our problem is no longer being over weight. I watch her closely. Miss Misty just keeps getting better with age. That girl is tough. Both of them are around 20 years old already. I can't believe it. Where has the time has gone?


         Above , the aftermath of Kola's hair removal. It actually took me a solid week, hours a day to clean her up.

 
              These pics here are just a couple of weeks ago. Both girls are doing well with the exception of today. Kola had a stress colic this morning that required a dose of Banamine and some Pro-bios. Now she's pissed that I didn't allow them out in the pasture today.


                        Next on the "To Do" list, More Fly Spray! Ugh! The bugs are horrible this year.



             On a completely different note, my co-writer to this Blog, Jess and my friend from work, Cindy and I are all going VIP to Alpine Valley Music Theater(my backyard) on August 15th to see Def Leppard. A dream come true. Unfortunately Kiss plays as well, but we'll slip out before that torture.
             Stephen has a few tests coming up with the Cardiologist, we'll see how things are going. He, of course is not looking forward to it, but it is what it is and it's better to know and address any issues than to ignore them.
            So that's the update........sorry it's been so long. Needless to say, it's been a busy year once again. I've had a few more demands at work that have required me to go in extra days for education, etc.. Oh well, Hope you all forgive me, I haven't forgotten you!

3 comments:

Horseracingpro said...

Love the post .

Unknown said...

Callie, We would like to get in touch with you. We represent a large animal products client who is looking to develop affiliate relationships with animal bloggers such as you. We are confident you will find the product highly worthwhile for almost all horse/livestock and pet animal owners, and we can help you to learn strategies that will help you to build out your traffic and monetization opportunities as well. If you are interested, please contact me at: jwheeler@equilink.com

John and Regina Zdravich said...

I can relate to this post on so many levels. I have not posted anything in ages either, and just recently started again. also, we have been through horse health issues since summer 2014. I applaud your decision to NOT treat with steriods. I think you are doing the right thing. If you get a chance, pop over to my blog - horsetakindiana.blogspot.com I would like to hear your thoughts on my second most recent post....