Thursday, March 22, 2007

British Grey


This is a British bobby on his horse. Not sure what kind it is but if I were to guess, maybe a thoroughbred of some type or a warmblood. They're tall horses over 16 to 17 hands. I got this picture once again while I was in England. In the background is Buckingham Palace and this during the changing of the guard. I didn't get a picture of the Guard's horses but those are the Queen's greys and the Queen's blacks. You have to be at the right time and place to catch the changing of the guard. There are crowds of people and it takes at least 30 minutes to wind up for it all and probably another 30 minutes for it to happen and the crowd dispersing. Buckingham Palace is huge as well. It was really neat, though, and I can't wait 'til we get back there again.

No comments: