Thursday, March 22, 2007

Learning Curve

Another valuable lesson I've learned is that no matter how smart you think you are there is always something to learn. I've met horse people throughout the years and most share that same philosophy, but there are always a few that know it all and feel it necessary to share their advice (opinion) with you whether or not you're asking for it. I've learned that for the most part those people really don't know any more than you do. They just believe that they do. Of course I never fail to see my own short-comings and gladly welcome advice from those horse people that are truly experienced and knowledgeable because I'm always ready to learn more.

2 comments:

Donna said...

Hi Callie! Thanks for your comment on my blog, I've added yours to my list. Having just started taking lessons last June and acquired a horse this February, I often feel like I am on such a steep learning curve that I need oxygen. But it does feel good to be in a learning mode again.

Rising Rainbow said...

I've found that those people who think they know it all are usually the ones who know the least. They're not open to learning anything because of their attitudes and any real horse person knows that it's all a learning process, every day in every way.......