Sunday, March 11, 2007

Where's My Fence?


As evidenced by the "horse apples", imagine my surprise this morning when I realized that my mares were no longer intimidated by our ginormous snow drifts and were now standing on them with no more than one strand of equine tape only 18 inches from where they were standing and a simple step over to freedom. Needless to say, I had to come up with a new plan. As I was standing on the drift, realizing just how easy it was to step over that, of course they had to investigate further. If I was there, surely they they should be right there with me. Three hours later, alot of digging out and moving gait panels, geri-rigging with chains, I managed to contain them better. Which leaves me with one question, "How can a thousand pound horse, in fact two one thousand pound horses not mange to sink into a drift and me (I can assure you I don't weigh a thousand pounds) sink in up to my waist?

No comments: