Wednesday, October 17, 2007

A Cool Cane



I thought this was a cool lookin' cane. With the horses head on it. which leads me into this post. While some know, however many readers of this blog do not, but I've just been diagnosed with MS. Which in retrospect, explains allot of things over the past two years. I've debated over the past couple of weeks whether or not to post this, but thought why not. There's alot of people out there with this, who are doing well and allot that are suffering. I'm lucky in that although I have minor things (in my mind) going on, I still can move and pretty well at that. So I thought that this cane may be in my future and that's the one would choose. Anyway, it gets one to thinkin'. Thinking how lucky I am to have a supportive wonderful husband who must really love me loads, great smart children between us, a longest standing best friend who's always been there even though I may not have been, and some wonderful four legged companions, who cuddle and listen and never pass judgement, well except for maybe Lilyput. Well inspite of it all, I'm lucky and grateful. This is not meant to be depressing or the "pitty pot". I simply just wanted to put it out there.

6 comments:

Rising Rainbow said...

Thanks for sharing. I don't know a lot about MS even though I know a couple of people who have it. They don't talk about it much. I do know their love of horses help them cope.

If you have to use a cane, at least it'll be a cool one!

Callie said...

A cane or wvwn a wheelchair may be in my future, but I'm hoping for at least another 15 years before I think about that. We'll see. I have a friend at work who was diagnosed with it 4yrs ago and she's still walking but recently needed her kitchen remodeled and had it done to suit a wheelchair. She told me that although she herself thought it was pitiful that she may as well do it now because sooner or later it was comin'. That made me even more depressed, even though I yelled at her for being a defeatest.

Twisted Oaks Quarter Horses said...

Callie, you need to keep the faith and steer away from people that are not positive. My sister Dorrie will be in a wheelchair before you. She has already been there. Sooner or later we all will be. It sure beats the hell out of the alternative. It's okay to have a game plan for what can happen. What should be looked at harder is what can be done to keep you out of the wheelchair. I know you and Steve are looking at swimming. You have 2 little mares out in your pasture that will be a big help. It may be time to check out the therapy riding groups to see how much they help. I'm fighting with arthritis in the hips and pelvic bone. I'm not going to overly worry about when I cannot ride, I do have back-up plans. I want to get a Paso or some other smooth gaited horse and I have my babies. Raising them will always give me a reason to get out of bed. Between Steve, your children and myself, we will keep you going.

Callie said...

Jess, I can always count on you to put a boot up my ass and keep on the straight and narrow! Thanks best friend :)

Rising Rainbow said...

I have to say I agree with Jess. Keeping positive and being proactive will be much more productive than worrying about what might be happening and when.

Negative thinking has never helped anyone. While positive thinking can do a world of good.

Donna said...

Yes, thanks for sharing. Although it is good to think about the future and plan, don't forget to live your life now. You have a lot of love in your life!