Thursday, December 6, 2007

A Dedication to Wilma


Wilma was euthanized today at 4:45pm at the age of 15 years. She came to me as a two year that had obviously abused. It started simply as a baby sitting job that turned into a permanent home for Wilma. Wilma loved the water as do retrievers. She was very loyal and the one dog the kids always could relate to. Her health declined very quickly this week and she was in pain. After all she was 105 years old in dog years. A pretty good run. She went peacefully while I held her. The hardest thing anyone has to do. If you've ever had animals in your care, you know what I mean. Wilma will be missed by this family. Godspeed, Wilma.

11 comments:

Rising Rainbow said...

I am sorry for your loss.

Callie said...

Thanks, she was beginning to suffer.

photogchic said...

Goodbye Wilma--what a wonderful life. May we all go that way...surrounded by love and good memories.

Molly said...

She was a very, very lucky dog to have such a wonderful family to protect. I'm so sorry for your loss.

Kathy C said...

So, so, sorry.

Twisted Oaks Quarter Horses said...

You gave her a good home and a good life. The one time I dog sat she decided she was going to go back home. She took off down the drive way and headed north. Spot and Fido liked it here, not Wilma. She loved her family. The toughest part is when to say goodbye.

steve said...

Wilma was a great dog who always wanted love , not much for her to ask she would just come up to callie or me and put her head on our knee while wagging her tail ,

I will miss her she loved going in the pond when we went for a walk which meant we had to go to the pond first so she had dried off by the time we got back in the car

I miss you wilma and hope we gave you a good life as you enriched our lives while you were with us

dad

Anonymous said...

Oh,yes I've been there several times. Tears the heart out no less each time. My condolences in your time of greiving.

Katie said...

Oh i'm so sorry for you. Losing a pet is the worst. Sending love all the way from NZ

Strawberry Lane said...

Sweet Wilma. How sad it is to say good-bye. She had your love and now your have her memories. It is just so very difficult to lose them.

Zoe said...

I miss Wilmy