Wednesday, February 6, 2008

18 Inches of Snow By Tonight




The calm before the storm. The neighbor's just down the road yesterday morning when Steve and I went out to start our errands before the storm hit. This is an organic farm, more like a compound that started with only one new house and now has a total of three new houses, several barns and multitudes of chickens and calves, horses, goats and dogs.


Here is the start of the snow storm yesterday afternoon at about 4pm shortly after we got home from our errands and I fed the girls. I shoveled about 8 inches of snow this morning when I went out to feed. And the reports are for another 8 inches by 6pm tonight. My shoveling efforts are futile with snowfall rates of 2-3 inches per hour. We are hunkered down today and the silly girls are too freaked out to stay in the shelter today inspite of my efforts to feed them in there this morning. Thank God for four wheel drive in a pick-up truck because I may want to get out later.

6 comments:

Shirley said...

Hope you didn't get too much snow! We don't have much of the white stuff here in Alberta, about a foot of it but we did get some nasty cold. It amazes me how hardy horses are; I always want to pamper them with a nice cozy barn or shelter,(they don't have one right now)but they seem quite content as long as they have a little extra hay to lay on.

Callie said...

We've got at least 18 inches of snow. My large dogs were buried in it when we went out for a wee and I fed the girls. I'm tall and the snow was up to my knees.

Strawberry Lane said...

I promise never to complain again.

It seems I have forgotten those snow storms!

Callie said...

SL, it kept us in all day yesterday. I hope it gets cleared today, because I've got stuff to do! It was so bad yesterday that at some they pulled the plows off the road and were used to plowing over here.

Rising Rainbow said...

We have had howling rainstorms and blizzard warmings in the mountains. I hate to tell you this but it's coming your way. You've not seen anything yet! It's a scary winter!

Callie said...

Oh crap, Mikael, I've had enough. Glad I went out there today and cleaned the trough and filled it. Frooze my damned feet off. Chose the wrong boots!