Boy, I've got a lot of catching up to do! First, I received some of these awards some time back and I'm finally getting to them! This award I received from my paint mare sister, Lisa, over at Laughing Orca Ranch . Thanks so much Lisa, sorry it's taken me so long to get this posted. I really didn't forget!
Next, I received this Lemonade Award from The Saddle Mountain Rider, my friend over at Middle Of The Road . And again, I say sincerely Thank-you so much and sorry it took me so long to get this up.
And next, my friend Arlene over at Grey Horse Matters gave me this lovely Friends Award. Thanks so much, Arlene, I do consider you a good friend.
The next award I just received from Linda at The Mane Point , and this one requires me to list ten things honestly about me. Oh Boy, I think ya'll know me pretty well, but here it goes.
1) I've lived a pretty adventurous life thus far, starting at aged 16 and now I really like to be home with Steve and the critters. (Too many things to really go into, but I've traveled.)
2) My favorite food, I'd say would have to be Spaghetti Marinara, no meat and from a nice Italian Restaurant.
3) Stephen is my best friend and soul mate. I truly believe this. We started together a little late in life, but I plan on us getting quite old together.
4) I live in a converted barn and as big as this damned thing is, and as hard as it is to keep clean, I love it. I think it's pretty cool!
5) I have non-traditional spiritual beliefs and do not like organized religion. Not for me anyway, if it works for my friends, then it's all good, but for me, it doesn't work and in the end, if we live a good honest life and are kind to others and live by those Golden rules, it's all the same. You'll find a gator head hanging from a tree in my yard, a hand made broomstick hung above the front door and various other bits and pieces around this place, but I've never had a guest visit and not love it here.
6) I love our children, both two legged and four! I can't imagine life without any of them and am truly grateful to have them all, both furry and non-furry!
7) My Dad was killed while on his Harley coming home from work by a drunk driver in 1990. My Mother was killed while on her Harley going to a HOG event by a drunk driver in 1999. My Dad and his partner, way back in the early seventies, started the first international motor-cross races in the states. I was a kid back then, but I remember it all very well. Pretty cool!
8) My favorite places in the world are in England and New Orleans! Happy Fat Tuesday everyone. And no, I've never shown my "ta-tas" for beads!
9) I spoil all of our animals........too much! So does Steve!
10) Which brings me to the picture below. My Mom had a beautiful singing voice and played the piano and organ. Back in the 1960's, she sang with this beautiful group of women as The Lost Chords. They were on the Ted Mack Amateur Hour on television back then and traveled all over the country to sing. I was very little, like a toddler little. I would love to find the film footage of it someday. Can you guess which she is?