Monday, March 21, 2011

When Is A Truck, Not Actually A Truck



No offence to anyone who owns one of these, but Stephen and I had one hell of a giggle this morning as we stopped at Tractor Supply Company so that I could pic up the horses' wormer. Mind you we already had 100 pounds of grain in the Jag........Anyhow, we watched as the couple before us attempted to..........................



put one of these in that white (truck?) . Between the two of them, they had many attempts at it. It would not fit in the back or bed or whatever one would call it. It would not fit in the back seat or in between them. In the end, after watching them struggle with it for about 10 minutes, we watched them drive off with it hanging out of the window.........OMG! We laughed so hard!



Now, I'm not saying, this old truck of ours is any great thing. We use it for hay, building materials, feed, whatever a truck is used for. When I had my 16 foot trailer, I hauled horses in all the time.......It's just an old 1999 Dodge 1500 with a big suspension. We use so little, it's the oldest vehicle here and has the least amount of miles on it. That white Chevy thing we laughed so hard at was brand spankin' new.........It just cracked us up..........must have been the irony of it all!

7 comments:

Grey Horse Matters said...

Whoops, left the comment on the last post. What a jerk.

cdncowgirl said...

Was it an Avalanche? I'm not a fan of those, although I do like Chevy trucks (usually) Those Avalanche's really don't have much of a box to them.

Callie said...

LOL, Arlene, I figured that ;)

Lisa, yeah , it was an Avalanche, we laughed so hard!

Paint Girl said...

Yeah I sometimes wonder why people buy one of those. I always say "Get a real truck!"
We have a 2000 GMC 1500 and I use it to haul hay and my 3-horse trailer! It works great! Although I'd love to step up to a one ton one of these days!

John and Regina Zdravich said...

That is funny!!! Not a real practical vehicle for horse-people!! Might be good for camping or bicycling or something....
But if you live in the country, nothing beats a good old-fashioned pickup truck!

Rising Rainbow said...

I have laughed at them just driving down the road thinking "get a real truck!" just like Paint Girl said.

Midlife Mom said...

Hahahaha! I would have laughed my head off too! Too bad you hadn't had a video camera, would have made a great YouTube!