Friday, June 27, 2008

St Jude's Horse Show


This weekend they are having a horse show at the Pecatonica Equine Center to benefit St Judes. On Saturday it is just for the kids. They have speed and fun classes. Sunday it is time for the adults. It is basically the same classes. We don't even have horses we can take to this. Most of the participants belong to a local trail club. They probably would prefer that we leave our stallions home. A friend from work has been making these necklaces for me and my friends. No 2 are alike and they really look nice wether you are showing or just having fun. She makes them with sterling silver so that they will hold up. She has donated the purple amethyst one to the silent auction that they hold at the horse show. I have to stop looking at them because I'll end up with another one. I have to match my show clothes! Here is the artist's email....gemgirl@charter.net . The website is Gemgirl Jewelry .

11 comments:

Grey Horse Matters said...

That's a great idea for St.Judes. The necklaces are lovely too.

BrownEyed Cowgirl said...

Those necklaces are pretty.
Too bad you don't feel like your stallions would be welcome at the playday. Some stallions are fantastic in public and some aren't. Around here they post on the flyers when you cannot bring a stallion. I bet yours are well behaved and used to public events though.

Andrea said...

Oh I love those necklaces!! She did a really great job!!

Andrea said...

Oh I love those necklaces!! Your friend did a graet job!! Have fun at the show!!

Pony Girl said...

Those look gorgeous. Is there a link to a site she sells her work on?

cdncowgirl said...

Those necklaces are gorgeous! Does your friend sell them? (or plan to)

Twisted Oaks Quarter Horses said...

They seem to be doing ok at the St Jude's show. My friends web site is gemgirl@charter.net. She is doing a great job on them. I gave my mom one for mothers day and she just bought another one. BECG it's great that they post whether stallions can be on the grounds. We had permission on the one trail ride and one person came up and made a big deal about us having stallions. We stayed towards the back and they were very well behaved. After that we just stay to the cuttings. Most serious shows are used to stud being there, some people get paranoid. We went to a show in Wisconsin and at least 50% were studs. We felt at home.

Midlife Mom said...

Callie the story about the fireflies is just an absolute hoot! I am just about falling off my chair at this moment!! Thanks for telling it to me, now I have to tell Hubby!!!

Rising Rainbow said...

I don't know what it is with some people and stallions. It drives me crazy to be penalized for other people's poorly mannered horses,

When I take my stallions places most people don't even know there are stallions present. That's the way it should be.

The necklaces are very cool.

Twisted Oaks Quarter Horses said...

Callie, the actual web site to the jewelry is www.gemgirljewlery.com. The other one is just the e-mail.

Twisted Oaks Quarter Horses said...

Just a little update. They earned $3500.00 for St. Judes. I think that was great for a 2 day speed show!